Wednesday 12 October 2011

Nightmare *4

Called the agent, Miss Wong.

1. I demanded to speak to the manager but to no avail. Then, I had to speak to Miss Wong first. I explained the problems to her. In short, I told her for >RM11K, they got me someone unacceptable (in my heart- as if mute and deaf). Wong was not helpful at all. She did not apologise but kept saying I should give Kh 3 to 6 months to catch up.

2. I insisted I must speak to the manager/ boss. They said the boss was not around and passed the line to the 'manager' (who knows who she really is).

3. Our conversation:-
Q- Did you all say Kh could use simple English?
A- Yes, she understands simple English. If you ask her how old she is OR what's her name, she can tell you.
(Sorry, pardon me. Who cares?)

Q- But, you see. She should know simple words like put, take, etc... common things like cup, spoon, bag, etc...
A- You see, all these you must teach her. From the biodata, it shows she only went to school 2 years, you cannot expect her to understand SO MANY things. You should check, you understand or not?

Q- But she's going to work in a house, these are the most basic words. And how do you expect her to work for me when she does not understand a thing?
A- We have brought in many maids before and NEVER had any problems, if you are calling me to complain about her English, you are WASTING my time. I have more important things to do, I am very busy, you know? (Rude).

Q- At least you all must be honest, don't simply say she understands simple English, big and small are very simple, and she doesn't even know. ( I still expect her to apologise and admit that they were not totally honest but tried to mislead me with the 'simple English' issue)
A- You should have used video-conferencing with her and find out yourself.

Q-What? If we could do that, the agent, Miss Wong should have offered or suggested.
A- Ya... We would only offer if any clients request. (For heaven's sake, who would have thought of this? and then it's not a genuine offer, is it?)

Q- And you all said she was trained in Cambodia and trained again here before being handed over to me.
How do you explain she doesn't know HOW to change a bedsheet? That she put my clean bedsheet on top of my old bedsheet on the bed, without even removing the old one?
And the clothes she ironed were as if they were just taken out from the washing machine?
A- Yes, we train the maids, if you are not happy, you can send her back again , we can train her one more time. If you are going to talk about all these that are not so important, I think you better come to my office and we can talk face-to-face. Please do not waste my time over the phone.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment